Hello, and thank you for your interest in Appalachian Sound! We hope you’ll consider auditioning for membership in the corps as we grow and look to join Drum Corps International’s Open Class for 2017!
Please click here to fill out our 2017 Interest Form so we can get to know a little bit about you. As more details regarding our 2017 season are finalized, we will be in touch with you. In addition to the Google form, please associate yourself with us on CorpsData as a 2017 applicant or create a new account if you do not already have one.
*Please note that for 2017 and beyond, we will only be auditioning students ages 21 and below to comply with Drum Corps International age limits. If you turn 22 before June 1st, 2017 you are not eligible to audition*
Take The Next Step
So you’re serious about auditioning for Appalachian Sound’s 2017 season? Here’s what you should know:
Drum corps takes commitment.
Being a part of Appalachian Sound, or any other drum corps, affords you amazing opportunities for personal growth, skill development, and lifelong memories. These experiences can make an incredible, life-changing impact on you as an individual. However, all of this doesn’t come for free. Successful membership in a drum corps requires:
- Confidence – The ability to put aside reservations, fear, and doubt in order to put forth your best efforts, especially in times of trial
- Maturity – The knowledge and practice of appropriate behavior at all times, and the willingness to understand your mistakes and learn from them
- Money – Instruction, equipment, housing, and meals cannot be provided to you for free
- Commitment – The dedication to getting the job done, no matter what it takes
- Availability – You must be present at rehearsals and performances as your fellow members cannot be their best without your contributions
- Fitness – Drum corps is a strenuous activity that can place immense strain on your body and mind
2017 Financial Commitment
Member dues for the 2017 season will be $1,500. This cost helps defray the cost of instruction, equipment, housing, meals, and other assorted expenses. Most DCI Open Class corps have member dues ranging between $1,500-$3,000 per year. We strive to keep costs low in order to help more students afford the drum corps experience, and are proud to offer a limited amount of discounts and scholarships to individuals in special circumstances.
If you are extended a membership contract and accept, once you submit the signed contract you are legally obligated to pay the entire balance of your fees even if you do not complete the 2017 season for any reason. Please be mindful of this when choosing to accept a membership invitation. If you become financially delinquent, the corps is still obligated to these funds and will use reasonable means to ensure payment is received, including referring your account to a collections agency in severe cases.